What will U need:
- 1 cup rawa / semolina / sooji
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 green chillies, chopped (adjust to taste)
- A few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- Coriander leaves, chopped, for garnish
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to make It:
- Dry roast the rava in a pan until it turns a light brown (about 7-10 mins) and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in the pan and add the cumin seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. When the dal turns golden brown, add onions and green chillies. Fry for 4-5 mins until the onions turns golden brown.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 cups of water.
- Add the roasted rava little at a time, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add the warm water to the rava mixture, mix well and close it with a lid for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot with chopped coriander leaves garnishing.